By accepting this document and using SeaTurtleStatus.org the user agrees to the following:
- Not to use data contained in SeaTurtleStatus.org in any publication, product, or commercial application without prior written consent of the original data provider.
- To cite both the data provider and SeaTurtleStatus.org appropriately after approval of use is obtained.
- Suggested citation: Kinan, I., ed. 2005. Proceedings of the Second Western Pacific Sea Turtle Cooperative Research and Management Workshop . Volume I: West Pacific Leatherback and Southwest Pacific Hawksbill Sea Turtles. 17-21 May 2004, Honolulu, HI. Honolulu, HI, USA: Western Pacific Regional Fishery Management Council. Available at: http://www.SeaTurtleStatus.org, Accessed on February 09, 2006.
- Not to hold SeaTurtleStatus.org or the original data providers liable for errors in the data. Notes in regard to the interactive map of global Leatuerback Sea Turtle Nesting Sites:
- Data quality: This map and linked database are the first step in an evolving process. Due to variability in the amount and kind of infomration collected at each nesting site, some included measures are based on estimates, and not actual data. These estimates are based on clutch frequncy values for the Northern and Southern Hemispheres, taken from the best-studied beaches in each geographic region. Caution should be used when making comparisons among nesting sites.
- Data use: No data point on this map may be utilized without representing its original source.